Its that time again. Oh yeah, you know what I'm talking about, and you know you've been looking forward to it...it's Random Thursday time.
This weeks topic is:
Most of you guys know I live in SoCal so more than likely you're sitting there laughing your ass off cause you know I don't really have to suffer through a real 'winter'. No snow storms, no major hail storms, or big floods. However, there are times when we get below 45 and some rain, and that's pretty much our winter & regardless of how sissified it is we still need things to help us get through these tough ol' times.
Yeah, even I had a little laugh at that. Sorry in advance to all you sitting in layers & layers of clothes and have your car buried under snow. Please feel free to roll your eyes or play me the worlds smallest violin throughout my post haha.
1. Chapstick - My lips get super chapped in the winter so I always have one of these, in strawberry, in my purse.
2. Space Heater - It gets a bit chilly but usually not enough to justify having the heater on in the whole house. Bills are expensive, yo. We have a small space heater we keep around for when we're getting of the shower & don't want to freeze our bits off as we're drying off.
3. Puffy Jacket - Mine's not as fashionable as the one shown, it's more George Costanza style. Either way, it keeps me warm & dry so I don't give a shit how uncool I look.
4. Abuelita Chocolate - If you grew up in a hispanic/mexican home then you know just how fucking delicious this hot chocolate is. I never go a winter without this cinnamony-chocolate goodness.
5. Fuzzy Socks - Warm feet make Lin a very happy girl.
6. Hair Ties - The rain does bad things to curly hair so I always have to be sure to have one of these suckers on hand to take the frizz beast.
7. Car Butt Warmer - Leather seats sound like a fabulous idea when you're at the dealer & the adrenaline's pumping but then the heat hit & your ass is burning and in the winter your cursing the cold hitting your lower back. I'm old, these butt warmers are a god send in the 42 degree 5am mornings.
That's it, that's how I survive the 'winter' in SoCal. Now that you've read it, you should join in on the fun. And, don't forget to link up!
|Next weeks topic: My Bizarre Food Combos...|