Is it just me or does Thursday get here really quickly? Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I really love posting these Random Thursday posts & reading all of yours. It's all you awesome peeps that keep this thing going; Em, Sarah, and I send you a giant virtual high five for continuing to join us every week.
Now let's move on to why you're all here... today's topic:
Out of all the fun topics we've had, this one is by far my favorite. Why? Because I love to bitch about the things that annoy me. If I could make a career out of bitching I'd be in fucking heaven.
1. Noreply-Comment: Nothing grinds my gears more than getting a fantastic comment & not being able to personally respond to it. If you liked my post, you can bet your sweet ass your gonna love my comment back. That is of course, if it can get to you. (dont be a noreply loser, change it)
2. Autoplay Music: No no no no. Don't do it, this isn't MySpace. Also, it makes your page load REALLY slowly. And I have to be honest, if it takes too long to load I don't even stick around.
3. Child Nudity: I don't care if your child's only a toddler, it's not ok to put nude-ish photos of your kids on the net. I have one word for you: Pedophiles.
4. No Menu Bar: Every blog needs one, IMO. I'm very impatient & I don't like to waste my time looking through posts for info about you. If I'm looking for a way to contact you I want to be able to click a button or if I'm visiting for the first time you can bet I'm not going to read through all your post, Im looking for an 'About Me' link.
5. Follow Me Back: To leave a comment like this on my blog is in bad taste. I dont mind you introducing yourself telling me you're a new follower & asking to check you out but if you're trying to get me to follow you, this is not the way you want to go. I browse all my followers (old/new) & spread the blog love but never give a pity follow.
6. Captcha: I've got really bad eyes, I wear glasses, why are you trying to make it worse by making me squint & guess at this mishmash of crazy?
7. Ad Space For Sale: I get we're all broke & trying to make an easy buck but selling ad space to other bloggers...really? I'm all for charging companies, hell they make the big bucks off you but bloggers are just as broke as your ass. What's crazier is that people actually pay this shit. Wow.
8. White on Black: My eyes, they burn! This is actually worse than that damn captcha. At least then I'm not completely cross-eyed after trying to focus. (click the image above to see what I wrote)
* * * * *
I probably could have kept listing a ton more but then I'd just look like some goody-two-shoes. Truth is you should do what you want with your blog regardless of what I anyone has to say. Fuck it, it's yours. But lets be honest, everyone has "Blogger Pet Peeves," so share yours with us!
Next weeks topic: Superhero Powers...