Universal Music Enterprises taken advantage of the hype and created it's own offering, that could very well be considered an aural companion to the books, a compilation dubbed 15 TONES.
Personally, I enjoyed the music on this album much more than I enjoyed any of the 50 Shades books. At least the compilation album was well put together and enjoyable. It's harsh, but definitely true.
The only negative thing I can say about this album is that although it's very entertaining, it doesn't really feel like 50 Shades material. The songs are classics but they're pretty vanilla in respect to the acts in the books.
15 TONES has a collection of songs that vary from sexy to suave, romantic to playful, classic and fun, giving the listener a taste of everything they'd need for a fun adult night in.
15 TONES track listing:
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
- The Flower Duet from Lakme - performed by Katherine Jenkins
- Sex (I'm A...) - Berlin
- Addicted To Love - Rober Palmer
- Do Me! - Bell Biv Devoe
- I'm Qualified To Satisfy You - Barry White
- Get Up, Part 1 - James Brown
- Cannon and Gigue in D Major - performed by The English Concert & Trevor Pinnock
- What Is This Thing Called Love - Billie Holiday
- I Put A Spell On You - Nina Simone
- I've Got You Under My Skin - Ella Fitzgerald
- Come Fly With Me - Shirley Horn
- Nocturn No. 1 in B flat Minor, Opus 9 No. 1 - permformed by Tamas Vasary
- Chained - Marvin Gaye
- La Fille Aux Cheveux De Lin - performed by Philippe Cassard
15 TONES can be purchased here.
* * * * * *
* * * * * *
2 Vault readers will win a copy of the 15 TONES album
How To Win:
Use the Rafflecopter thingy below...it's that easy.
(open to US residents only, ages 18+)
(Disclosure: I was provided with the above mentioned in order to review it & give two copies away to my readers. I was not monetarily compensated for this post and the views in this post are all mine.)